Basic course details –
In this Course You Will Learn How to:
1. Improve educational outcomes for all students
2. Empower individual students to access their own potential
3. Get inspired to ignite your teaching with research-based brain science
4. Use methodologies that manage the classroom by managing the brain
5. Empower children through social, emotional, and restorative practices
We can reach every single student (and their brain) – on their path to reach their potential by:
• Enhancing access to learning by fostering safety, agency and autonomy
• Reframing the way we see behaviour – all behaviour is communication
We offer methodologies that allow teachers to manage the classroom by managing the brain. These methodologies are non-disruptive; the curriculum is not changed, but the way it is delivered and received is updated. We challenge you to:
• Changing how you view your students and lessons by looking at them through a neural lens
• Implement a paradigm shift – three planes:
o Move from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset around behaviour and learning.
o Engage in a way of teaching that focuses on growing neural pathways (learning).
o Shift from routine expertise to adaptive expertise – move away from relying on rote practices toward a notion of flexible, continuous learning and professional growth
We translate neuroscience research into accessible classroom practices and processes. Bring these practices and processes back to your classroom to:
• Increase academic performance by providing tools to help students access their prefrontal cortex (area of planning and processing), grow working memory, and increase executive function
• Build deeper connections with your students to increase their learning confidence
• Prepare the landscape for learning
Topics covered in the Basic Course: Challenge Mosaic 21st Century Pedagogy, Amygdala Hijack, Structure before function, Social Brain, Orchids & Dandelion, Neural Art, Neuroplasticity, Social Emotional Learning & Role of Sleep, Exercise and Diet.